Here is the new changelog:
- Origin moved from MaxCDN push to Rackspace Cloud Files. MaxCDN locations are now used via a Pull zone. This was done to finally allow me to enable custom HTTP headers. All CORS issues were fixed and I have now full control over HTTP headers.
- Thanks to Cedexis a new more efficient load balancing algorithm was deployed. A bigger focus was made on uptime and failover features. If a provider goes down the switch should be almost immediate with no downtime at all.
- A new custom location was added in Germany with 1Gbps unlimited bandwidth connection sponsored by FinnDNS.eu
- A new project called cdnperf.com now collects uptime and performance data for jsDelivr. Make sure to check it out.
- 2-way authentication was enabled on all jsDelivr related accounts for maximum security. (all that support this feature.)
- alohaeditor package was removed from github because it was outdated and had more than 20000 files, most of them useless. Now the jsDelivr repo should be easier to fork and create new pull requests. No files were deleted from the CDN itself, so there will be no downtime for users that were using any of those files.
Help jsDelivr with valuable data
It doesn't matter if you are using our CDN or not, you can now help us gather valuable data and make our performance and uptime decisions even more accurate.
All you have to do is to add this script in your website just before
<script async src="//radar.cedexis.com/1/11475/radar.js"></script>
What it does:
- Loads in non-blocking async mode
- After the page is done loading in the background without disturbing the user or the website in any way starts pinging jsDelivr providers.
- It then sends back to us very useful availability and performance data.
- Based on this data our load balancing algorithm then decides what provider is best suited for each user of jsDelivr CDN. The more users your website gets the more accurate data we will have.
- This is very important. Currently its gets about 190k measurements per hour. Pretty good but most of those users are USA based, which means that users from other countries, like China and India could experience a slightly inaccurate decisions.
- Please feel free to add this code in all of your blogs and websites. It helps everybody!
That's it for now, I will update this blog with more jsDelivr information as they come in.